Landsec’s Trinity Leeds delivers experiential extravaganza to shoppers to kick start Christmas season
8 November 2017
Over the weekend Landsec’s Trinity Leeds asserted its position as one of the UK’s leading shopping centres for customer experience with a two-day spectacle, incorporating live entertainment and inventive activities for shoppers.
The ‘Wonder Weekend’ event on 4 and 5 November kicked-off the Christmas season in style by hosting over 60 experiences, enjoyed by shoppers and visitors from across Yorkshire. Around 30 retailers participated, granting a range of discounts and offers to guests.
The first day of this year’s festive extravaganza at Trinity Leeds culminated in the switch-on of the Christmas lights, including a show-stopping performance by contortionists and aerial acrobats from Cirque Bijou. Other experiences included stilt-walking, soulful choirs, a range of seasonal workshops, champagne pong and a ball pool bar.
Customers lined up for a chance to try quirky treats from unique pop-up retailers such as Candy Mechanics, who offered the chance to create edible chocolate selfies. Trinity Leeds also welcomed back personal training company Vlique, who injected energy into the weekend with a pop-up fitness experience hosted by influencers and music from a live DJ.
Rob Jewell, Portfolio Director, Landsec said: “Wonder Weekend is a fantastic example of how we’re successfully delivering unique, engaging experiences across our portfolio which benefit both guests and retailers.”
Having only recently opened at Trinity Leeds, some retailers, such as Côte Brasserie, experienced the buzz of Wonder Weekend for the first time this year.
Amy McKarry, Area Manager, Côte Brasserie said: “Wonder Weekend was an amazing spectacle. Trinity Leeds was at its busiest we’ve seen since our arrival to the centre and as a result we welcomed an increased number of guests over the weekend. It’s a fantastic concept from Landsec and it makes a huge difference in terms of creating a successful retail environment when landlords invest in events like this.”
Trinity Leeds’ position as the North East’s premier shopping and leisure destination is grounded in its tribalizing approach to providing unique experiences to compliment the fantastic range of shops and restaurants on offer. Wonder Weekend is the latest example of this approach, building on the success of other experiential initiatives such as Trinity Kitchen, a revolutionary food and beverage destination which rotates several of the best, new restaurant concepts in the UK every few weeks.
Notes to editors
- Trinity Leeds is a retail destination located in Leeds’ prime shopping district bounded by Briggate, which sits within the top ten busiest streets in the UK, Commercial Street and Albion Street
- Trinity Leeds won the global Best-of-the-Best VIVA Design and Development 2015
- Trinity Leeds is situated in the heart of the city and is a state of the art shopping and leisure destination and includes 110 new shops, stores and restaurants, bringing big international brands and the best of fashion, food, arts and culture to Leeds. 65 of the brands are new to Leeds
- The development was the only major retail destination to open in the UK in 2013
- Trinity Leeds includes leading international brands such as Apple, Mango, Hollister, Victoria’s Secret, Superdry, Topshop/Topman, H&M, Marks & Spencer, Everyman, D&D London and KIKO Milano
- Trinity Leeds achieved a BREEAM “Excellent” rating and 28% improvement above Part L (CO2 emissions) of the UK Building Regulations
- As the largest city after London and Birmingham, Leeds’ resident catchment is over 5.7m
At Landsec, we believe great places are for people to experience and are made with the experience of great people. As the UK’s largest listed commercial property company, with 23.2 million sq ft of real estate and a portfolio valued at £14.4 billion, we own and manage some of the most successful and recognisable assets in the country.
In London, our portfolio totals more than £8.3 billion, and consists of 6.5 million sq ft of real estate. From the world-famous Piccadilly Lights to the transformation of Victoria, SW1, we deliver exceptional experiences for the businesses and people that live and work in, and visit, the capital.
In retail, across our 16.7 million sq ft of assets, we create outstanding experiences for customers and guests alike. Combined with the strength and resilience of our portfolio, this means we regularly outperform industry benchmarks for footfall and sales. We offer more than convenience and choice, recognising that memorable destinations are key to attracting the shoppers and retailers of today, and tomorrow.
We also aim to lead our industry in critical long-term issues – from diversity and community employment, to carbon and climate resilience. Everything we do is grounded in experience and begins with people. We deliver value for our shareholders, great experiences for our customers and positive change for our communities. At Landsec, everything is experience.